FANS FORUM APPLICATIONS OPEN
As part of Chelsea Football Club’s commitment to improve our relationship with our supporters, we are seeking new members of the Fans’ Forum.
The Forum is a body consisting of elected fans and senior members of the club. It meets three times a season to discuss and debate club matters. Meetings take place at Stamford Bridge on home matchdays, usually prior to kick-off.
The aims of the Forum are:
- To maintain a positive and constructive dialogue between the club and fans
- To develop a better understanding of issues that affect supporters
- An opportunity for the club to discuss new ideas
The end goals of the Forum are:
- Ensuring that supporters – whether on the Forum or not – feel valued in their loyalty to the club
- To increase the supporter base
- To provide supporters – as far as reasonably possible – with the facilities and conditions they expect from Chelsea Football Club
- To help develop a business structure that underpins a successful football team
The Forum does not exist to discuss transfers, player contracts or similar issues.
STRUCTURE OF THE FORUM
To reflect the diverse nature of Chelsea’s support, representatives will be drawn from a variety of supporters: season ticket holders, away scheme holders, club members, private box and executive suite members, family stand season ticket holders, over 65-year-old fans, 16 to 21-year-old fans, disabled fans and representatives of official, unofficial and international supporter clubs.
We realise that many fans may overlap between categories, but we feel it is important to aim for a wide range of representation. The above, of course, in no way prevents someone over-65, 16-21, or disabled from standing for, or being selected from, another category for which they qualify instead. However, in the interests of balance and gauging fans’ views from as wide a range of fans as possible, supporters’ groups will be restricted to one member on the Forum.
It is important for the Forum to allow a variety of views to be heard. As a result, members will serve a term of two years. No member can be reselected for two consecutive terms and once their term is served members will not be eligible for re-election for three years.
The following seats on the Forum need to be filled for the upcoming season:
- 4 x Official UK Supporters Club secretary
- 1 x Official Overseas Supporters Club secretary
- 1x Home Season Ticket holder
- 1x Family Stand Season Ticket Holder
- 1 x 16-21year old
- 1 x CFCNet rep
- 1 x Chelsea Supporters Group rep
- 1 X Chelsea Supporters Club rep
- 1 X Chelsea disabled supporters association rep
- 1 X UK away season ticket holder
Please use the form on the link below to apply if you are interested, eligible and have not served on the Forum in the last three years.
In addition, the following will serve as permanent members of the Forum:
Finance and Operations Director
Head of Communications and Public Affairs
Head of Ticketing and Supporter Liaison
The chief executive will attend whenever possible and will also meet official supporters groups during the course of the season.