No offers for Pedro so far, says Barcelona president Bartomeu

Jul 23, 2015 Posted Under: News

Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal have all been linked with a summer bid for the forward, but the Camp Nou chief says interest has been non-existent

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has denied the club have received offers for Pedro, who has been heavily linked with a Premier League switch this summer.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal are all believed to be keen on luring the Spain international, 27, away from Camp Nou ahead of the 2015-16 campaign.

Barca midfielder Sergio Busquets admitted his club and country team-mate “has doubts” about staying with the European champions, who are unlikely to offer him regular game-time.

Bartomeu, who was elected as club president for a further six years on Saturday, cast doubt on any imminent departure of Pedro, Adriano or any other Barca player as he claims there have been no official bids so far.

“We have not received any offers for any player,” the club chief told reporters.

“I refer back to what head coach Luis Enrique said: if someone wants to sign our players then the release clause must be met. So far, no one has made an offer, so we’re calm.”

Should Pedro stay at Barca, he will battle for a starting spot with fellow first-teamers Luis Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi in addition to youngsters Sandro Ramirez and Munir El Haddadi. Arda Turan will also offer further competition for places once he becomes eligible to play in January.

Barcelona are currently on a pre-season tour of USA and won their first match against LA Galaxy 1-0 on Tuesday, with their next game against Manchester United on Saturday.

Get Adobe Flash player

Leave a Reply