The 20-year-old’s long-awaited move from Internacional to the Blues, for a reported fee of around £25million, was completed earlier this week.
The capture of the Brazilian, currently in the UK with Mano Menezes’ Olympic squad, adds to a glittering array of midfield talent following the acquisitions of Eden Hazard and Marko Marin.
Competition for places looks set to be fierce among the squad of the UEFA Champions League winners, with Oscar laying down a marker of his talent by creating two goals in Brazil’s 3-2 victory over Egypt in Cardiff on Thursday night.
But the former Sao Paulo playmaker says he will not insist on playing in his preferred attacking midfield role, and is sure he can make an impact regardless of where he is asked to play.
He said: “The offer was very good for me and I didn’t have to think twice about signing.
“After the Olympics I am going to talk to the manager and I am ready to do whatever the manager wants me to do.
“For Internacional I played in several different positions, so I have no problem adapting.”
The move represents a huge personal shift for Oscar, who has played all his club football to date in Brazil.
But he is confident that the friendships he already has with some of the Portuguese-speaking members of the Blues’ squad will help him to settle in London.
“I am good friends with David Luiz,” he said. “There are also Ramires and Lucas Piazon playing for Chelsea, so they will help me adapt.”
While Oscar has insisted that for now his only focus is on ensuring Brazil secure their first Olympic gold medal in the men’s football tournament, he admits he has been keeping an eye on some of the other newcomers that will join him at Stamford Bridge next term.
And he has set his sights on helping the club add to their collection of silverware.
“This is a dream for me,” he said. “I’m joining Chelsea hopefully to win more titles.
“The project is very exciting, especially with the young players that they are signing.”