PGMOL chief Howard Webb and former Liverpool and England striker Michael Owen discuss refereeing decisions using match footage and previously unreleased audio in the first episode of Match Officials: Mic’d Up.
Sky Sports’ new series aims to explain refereeing decisions using match footage and previously unreleased audio.
Sky Sports went behind the curtain with Webb to explain the VAR process using both correct and incorrect calls in a bid to increase transparency around one of the most contentious aspects of the game.
The incidents looked at…
- Wolves penalty appeal after Man Utd goalkeeper Andre Onana collided with striker Sasa Kalajdzic.
- Virgil van Dijk’s red card for Alexander Isak foul in Newcastle vs Liverpool
- Sheffield United defender John Egan penalised for handball against Man City
- Arsenal’s penalty is reversed by VAR after Kai Havertz was challenged by man Utd’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Anass Zaroury’s red card for challenge on Kyle Walker in Burnley vs Man City
- Man City defender Nathan Ake’s goal is allowed after Manuel Akanji was adjudged not have impacted Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno
Watch the six incidents discussed on Match Officials: Mic’d Up below…
Watch Match Officials: Mic’d Up on Sky Sports, and catch up on SkySports.com, the Sky Sports App and Sky Sports social channels.