Jose Mourinho to Appear on Touchline Against Chelsea After FA Extend Deadline to Appeal Charges

?Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been given an extended deadline to appeal the FA charge against him, leaving the Portuguese manager free to remain on the touchline as his side face Chelsea on Saturday.

Mourinho was seen by a camera speaking in Portuguese during his side’s 3-2 victory over Newcastle United and was subsequently charged by the FA after it was alleged that he used insulting and offensive language. If found guilty, Mourinho would likely face a fine and a touchline ban, but he has now been given an extended deadline to respond to the charge.

Sky Sports News revealed on ?Twitter that Mourinho has been given until Wednesday 24 October to appeal the charge, which means that he will be free to face ?Chelsea in the ?Premier League on Saturday.

Quoted by ?Sky Sports News, Mourinho insisted that he will control himself during the upcoming match. He said: “For me it’s another game. Would I celebrate like crazy my team’s goal or victory at Stamford Bridge? I don’t think so.

“I think I will try always to control myself and to respect the stadium and supporters that were my supporters and my stadium for many years. To do that I would have to lose my emotional control, which is not easy.

“I think I would always think where I am, which stadium I’m in and which public is in the stands. Apart from that, it’s just another match for me. A match I want to do well in for my players, my team and my supporters, that’s what I want.

FBL-ENG-PR-MAN UTD-NEWCASTLE

“I’m 100 per cent ?Manchester United tomorrow.”

Mourinho’s side find themselves in eighth place in the Premier League after a disappointing start to the season. His job security has been the subject of much speculation, with poor performances on the field and reports of clashes with key players creating a negative atmosphere around Old Trafford.

Let’

Tiemoue Bakayoko’s Agent Denies Milan Want to Send French Midfielder Back to Chelsea

Tiemoue Bakayoko’s agent has rubbished talk of the AC Milan loanee getting shipped back to Chelsea following his unconvincing spell at the San Siro so far.

The Frenchman, who moved to Stamford Bridge from Monaco last year, failed to inspire confidence as part of the Blues’ set-up and proved a rather ill-advised move, given Nemanja Matic’s sale to Manchester United that same summer.

SSC Napoli v AC Milan - Serie A

Bakayoko seldom impressed under Antonio Conte last season as Chelsea finished fifth on the Premier League table, and Maurizio Sarri wasn’t ready to have him involved under his regime this season.

The player was loaned to the Italian side in the hopes he could further develop and get games under his belt. However, things haven’t gone according to plan and he hasn’t yet returned to the form that prompted the Blues to purchase his rights from Monaco.

It has been reported that Milan are considering sending Bakayoko back to Chelsea earlier than initially planned, but the player’s agent has refuted the rumours, claiming that both parties are happy.


“Bakayoko is happy in Milan and Milan are happy with him,” Federico Pastorello told Calciomercato.com. “It was known he would need a bit of time, but everyone is convinced he can contribute a lot to their season. All this chatter about a return to Chelsea in January is completely unfounded.”

Rossoneri boss Gennaro Gattuso had previously suggested that there are “defects” in Bakayoko’s game.

“Bakayoko has to learn how to get the ball,” the coach told reporters earlier this season. “We must work correctly. It will not be easy.

AC Milan v Chievo Verona - Serie A

“One week is not enough to remove the defects of a player. I would have preferred to be managing older, more experienced club players.”

Let’

West Ham Reportedly Considering Ambitious January Move for Chelsea Forward Olivier Giroud

?West Ham could be set for yet another high-profile addition to their squad, as Manuel Pellegrini is reportedly considering Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud as a potential attacking option for his side. 

The Irons have been no stranger to making attacking additions in Pellegrini’s early months in charge, adding Felipe Anderson and Andriy Yarmolenko to their ranks in the summer.


According to the Mirror, they are now tempted by the French target man who has less than a year remaining on his current deal.

?Giroud, who featured heavily for his country as they won the 2018 World Cup, joined ?Chelsea from ?Arsenal in controversial fashion in January, and has scored five goals in 26 appearances for the west London club. 

He has established himself as Chelsea’s first choice striker in recent weeks, acting as an effective foil to the prolific ?Eden Hazard, but there has been no word yet on whether they are to start talks on a new deal – opening the door for the Hammers to negotiate a cut-price deal.

Chelsea paid £18M to secure his services, but it is unlikely West Ham would have to meet that valuation for a 32-year-old with whom they would be able to negotiate a free transfer in the summer. 

Central to West Ham’s revived interest in the Frenchman is the situation surrounding ?Andy Carroll, whose contract is also up in the summer.

The former Liverpool striker is out with the latest in what has become a tragically long list of injuries, and the club are considering whether or not to extend his deal by a further two years, as they have the option to do. 

Leicester City v West Ham United - Premier League

It seems unlikely that they would keep Carroll around long-term if Giroud’s arrival is indeed an option, given that ?Marko Arnautovic is currently on fire as their main central striker.

Let’

Fulham & Crystal Palace Among Clubs Interested in Experienced Former Chelsea Defender

Former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic could be set for a Premier League return in the near future, with Fulham and Crystal Palace reportedly among the clubs interested in signing the veteran during the January transfer window. 

The 34-year-old has been a regular at Zenit since his move to Russia last February, ?but his contract is up in the summer, and while the club have the option to extend his deal by a further year, his situation seems to have sparked significant interest.

FBL-EUR-C3-COPENHAGEN-ZENIT-SAINT PETERSBURG

That’s if the ?Mail are to be believed, at least, as they report that ?Barcelona are the frontrunners to sign the defender, and see him as an adequate short-term replacement for the injured Samuel Umtiti. 

While his prospective London suitors are unlikely to have the financial capital to compete with the Catalan giants, Ivanovic knows the city well, and wouldn’t be the first player to choose first team football over a big money deal. 

His last spell in the ?Premier League was hugely successful, winning three Premier Leagues, three FA Cups and a Champions League with ?Chelsea, scoring 34 goals in 377 games, so while a potential relegation battle with ?Fulham may not quite be what he’s used to, a return to the league may be tempting. 

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is thought to be after experienced players to dig his side out of the doldrums after a tough start to the season, at least, and Ivanovic would certainly fit that mold if they could complete a move in January. 

FBL-ENG-PR-FULHAM-ARSENAL

As far as ?Palace’s interest goes, there is little in the way of concrete news to work with, but he would certainly add some quality and depth to Roy Hodgson’s defence as he looks to keep his side clear of the drop zone. 

Let’

Krzysztof Piatek’s Agent Provides Update on Polish Star’s Future Amid Interest From European Giants

The agent of Genoa’s highly-rated striker Krzysztof Piatek has revealed that there have been no formal offers for the Polish international, despite heavily reported interest from several of Europe’s biggest clubs.

The striker has averaged more than a goal a game in Serie A with nine in seven matches, and scored four times in his side’s Coppa Italia fixture against Lecce this season.

Genoa CFC v Lecce - Coppa Italia

The goalscoring form has caught the attention of many of Europe’s leading clubs, including ?Premier League side ?Chelsea who have been heavily reliant on Belgian winger Eden Hazard for both goals and inspiration this season.

Bundesliga heavyweights Bayern Munich ?have their eyes on him too as they seek a long-term replacement for Robert Lewandowski, and it has been suggested the Bavarian side’s president Uli Hoeness is a huge admirer of the Genoa and Polish international striker.

Napoli’s president meanwhile has also spoken about their interest in the player and Piatek himself has ?opened up on a potential move to Barcelona, though the striker was keen to distance himself from rumours linking him with an immediate move away from Genoa. 

Piatek’s agent Szymon Pacanowski echoed the striker’s sentiments by insisting that despite tentative talks, no official offer has been made for the forward.

Genoa CFC v Chievo Verona - Serie A

?Speaking to CalcioNapoli24, Pacanowski confirmed: “Many clubs have contacted us, but there has been no formal offer. Many clubs have contacted us over the last few weeks, but I won’t name them.

“However, there has been no formal offer from any club, including Napoli.”

Whilst Pacanowski acknowledged the interest the striker was attracting, he was to quick to insist that Piatek would be willing to stay for the foreseeable future at Genoa. 

He added: “His value has certainly risen over the three months in Serie A, but right now we are happy to remain at Genoa.”

It had been reported that Piatek is Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri’s first-choice transfer target when the January window opens, particularly with both ?Alvaro Morata and ?Olivier Giroud currently misfiring for the Blues.

After a relatively quiet window of incoming transfers at Stamford Bridge in the summer, Chelsea are being tipped for a much more active role when clubs are allowed to negotiate at the start of the new year.

Let’